In VS 2005 IDE, you can notice a new menu named "Refactor" placed next to
"View" menu. This new feature (available only in C# and J# – Beta 2 version)
helps the developer to improve the quality of code by restructuring it
internally. Following are the options available on the Refactoring Menu.
1. Extract Method: This is to split a method into many fine grained methods
which are reusable.
2. Rename: This is used to rename an identifier i.e. field, variable, method
3. Encapsulate Fields: Creating a property to encapsulate a field.
4. Extract Interfaces: Creating an interface which is implemented by current
5. Promote Local Variable to Parameters: Moving a local variable to
6. Remove Parameters: Removing parameters from methods, indexers,
7. Reorder Parameters: Changing the order of parameters.
8. Generate Method Stub: Automatic code generation based on the consumption
of a method.
9. Add Using Unbound Types: Automatic inclusion of namespace for an unbound
For more information on Refatoring in VC#, see this article on MSDNhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/vcsharp/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/vs05_refac.asp